Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Rebuilding the Vikings

So I've been idle for a while and will likely be quite idle in the coming months as I decided to return to college. But hopefully I will still be able to contribute to this blog while still working full time and going to school full time, as I still bleed purple.

But in my absence, I've still been reading a number of articles related to the Vikings. And I've seen a theme in a few of them. That drafting Matt Kalil was a mistake! Many people felt that being in the NFC North, Morris Claiborne would have been the better option with the QB/WR combos in this division. Saying that getting Kalil to protect (the mediocre) Ponder is like putting an (pick something expensive) in/on/around (pick something worthless). I still feel that giving Ponder his new WR's and new protection could be the deciding factor if he is a legit QB or not. I personally have some faith in him. But if I'm proved wrong, it is likely that Frazier is out the door and a new HC would love to have Matt Barkley tossing the ball for him. But none the less, if Ponder stays or a new HC gets a new QB, Kalil is still going to be an important cornerstone to the rebuilding process of the Vikings. And if Ponder pans out and our secondary still seems like swiss cheese, Dave Amerson will likely be there for us to draft.....

No comments:

Post a Comment