Wednesday, March 21, 2012

May The Power Of The Schwartz Be With You (Vikings)!

That title was just too easy considering my affection for classic 80's comedies. Yes, I just said classic 80's. But that's some great news to hear! Geoff Schwartz has signed a 1 year contract with the Vikings. Geoff Schwartz tweeted, "Excited to be a Minnesota #Vikings!!!" Finances are not available but I'm more than likely going to give this a grade of A. I changed that from a B+ the more I thought about it because his doctor has fully cleared him and sent letters to all interested organizations. And the more I think about it, this is an amazing signing by the Vikings! There will be some competition on the right side between Berger, Fusco and Schwartz for the RG position and Schwartz has proven himself at the RT position and could provide competition for Loadholt. We'll have to see what the preseason brings and how the line is established. Regardless, this is one Vikings fan that is excited to bring this young talent to the team and hopefully this year is a successful one and he is given a nice long contract to bring this youth movement forward and surrounding Ponder with great protection, as well as weapons. I know I'm not the first to say this, but welcome to the team Schwartz!!!

Another free agent move today was cutting DT Remi Ayodele, which surprises me didn't happen earlier. But in lieu of the penalties being issued to the Saints today, they elected to cut him instead of waiting to hear what his punishment is going to be. More to come on the Saints ordeal. That's just too big not to blog about but deserves it's own blog.

These moves will contribute to my mock draft, which I most likely will update within the next 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment